“Fair Share” simply means each band student will be responsible for paying their fair share to help defray the expense of participating in the required trips, performances, competitions, and band camp.
Chatham County pays for the director for the Seaforth High School band. All other costs associated with band activities require dues and fund raising.
Below is an outline of the what the Band Association pays for through the use of the band fair share fees and fundraising:
Funded by the Band Association:
- Uniforms/hats/plumes/gloves cleaning and upkeep
- Organization-Owned Instrument repairs and replacements
- Large or Specific Instruments
- Buses for all trips/competitions
- Drivers, if not enough volunteers (volunteer MUST have commercial license)
- Flags and Colorguard uniforms
- Uniform bags and hat boxes
- Racks for uniforms and hats
- Show music
- Registration fees
- Choreography for band and Colorguard
- Sound System
- Additional Staff
We provide everything that is needed for:
- Marching Band (Fall)
- Symphonic Band (Fall)
- Symphonic Band (Spring)
- Concert Band (Spring)
- Pep Band (Extracurricular)
- Jazz Band (Extracurricular)
“Fair Share” simply means each student will be responsible for paying their fair share to help defray the expense of participating in the required trips, performances, competitions, and band camp. The Fair Share for the Marching Band students this year is $500.
We have about 25 students, so we will raise about $12,500. We are still working on our budget, but it will probably be between $30,000 and $40,000.
As you can see fundraising for the Seaforth High School Band is critically important. We are looking for additional volunteers to help us, and we also need additional board members, so please let us know what roles you would be interested in. We will have additional information at the parent meeting.
Become a Volunteer
With a new school, and a new organization, we lack a large group of existing and enthusiastic volunteers.
Please click the button to Volunteer below, or contact us for more info.